This website includes:
- practical information about reducing, reusing, and recycling in each department of a museum;
- a Resource Guide to deepen understanding and practices;
- information about the Green Museums Accord, an institution-wide commitment to begin (or continue) sustainable practices at an organization;
- inspirational thinking about being green;
- a growing number of stories about museums and their environmentally sensitive practices.
Developing and sustaining environmentally-friendly institutions should be a priority for any museum and this website effectively takes you through each department, step-by-step, and demonstrates the best ways to accomplish this. Going green should not just be a fad, it should be a way of thinking as we build our museums into sustainable cultural hubs.